A few Ideas for taking action:
- Get involved in a local racial justice organization, connect through http://blacklivesmatter.com.
- Help build a counter-institution such as a movement-building center / social center, a free school, a community kitchen, a tool library, a toy library, a holistic health center, a community bike shop, you get the picture…
Some movement-building center examples:
- Fight back against climate criminals: http://www.ourpowercampaign.org.
- Save seeds and knowledge about local sustainable agriculture: http://ciclovida.org/en/take-action.
- Start a cooperative or solidarity economy project.
- Organize against fracking, coal mines, pipelines (local example), biomass plants, genetically engineered food and trees, agrofuels or other climate polluting industries (or their carbon market schemes like REDD).
- Host a speaker or film screening in your community about gender justice, LGBTQ liberation, immigrant justice, ability justice, ageism, racial justice, the prison system, etc. http://www.blackandpink.org/
- Join a union or organize your workplace. http://www.iww.org/
- Organize a Dismantling Racism or Undoing Racism workshop in your community.
- Write a song about an issue you are passionate about and share it!
This is by no means an exhaustive list, in fact it’s just a tiny start. Post your ideas as comments below!